Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FTDI for programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wp100

Hi,

Am using a genuine FTDI board to program some chips and want to get a couple more; seems the 'clones' are plentiful on the auction sites for a couple of pounds but wondered if they work ok these days after the 'bricking' problems ? am using W10.

I have 3 of these they work great https://www.taydaelectronics.com/breakout-boards/usb-ttl-ft232rl-html.html

The clones where not FTDI but where ch340g that said they where FTDI

I have a couple from Banggood, which look almost exactly like those, but are marked on the back "FTDI232".
They show up as FTDI in the COM ports. The CH340 entry in the pic is a Nano clone.

ftdi.png

I have no problem with them.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back