Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

frequency to dc voltage???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnb29

Is there any such IC/circuit availble which converts frequency (10-10khz)to dc voltage(5 to 6 volt)...pls post some details about this circuit if availble...

Is there any such IC/circuit availble which converts frequency (10-10khz)to dc voltage(5 to 6 volt)...pls post some details about this circuit if availble...

There are lots.:)

Google frequency to voltage converter

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
**broken link removed**
in above attachment does output dc voltage vary with frequency?????if i want to obtain constant 5-6V...what should i do????

Last edited:
For the final time:

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ENERGY IN YOUR VOICE TO CHARGE A BATTERY!

Maybe the idea is to charge a battery from another power source, via voice control ?

Last edited:
frequency is a time domain term not an energy term. Volts x Amps = Watts

Frequency is a time related function. As in how many time something happens in a specified time period. It has no energetic quality to it. Its purely a relativistic term.

A 1 Gigahertz wave with a 1 volt peak and one amp of current has exactly the same energy as a 1 hertz wave with a 1 volt peak at one amp.

there are IC's that can convert a frequency measurement into a voltage output but the frequency of whats being sensed does not have any power itself. The resulting output voltage and current the IC generates still comes from its power supply.

The vibration of sound can be turned into power by a simple speaker. But the sound has to be incredibly loud and very close to the speaker in order to get enough usable power to even possibly charge a watch battery.
Ambient sound in general has very little usable power to work with. Typicaly milliwatts per square meter of air interacting with a surface.

Last edited:
I read that one too.
If I had a dollar for every person I have dealt with that didn't understand simple electrical, electronics, or mechanical terminology I would meet you guys at the local pub and buy everyone dinner and a few rounds of drinks! ;)
And still end the evening with a fair amount left over still.:D

I read that one too.
If I had a dollar for every person I have dealt with that didn't understand simple electrical, electronics, or mechanical terminology I would meet you guys at the local pub and buy everyone dinner and a few rounds of drinks! ;)
And still end the evening with a fair amount left over still.:D

I'll drink to that.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back