Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency related calculations - plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

overfl0w

Hi, its been a while since last time i was working on some basic electronics and my mind has been slightly erased. I have gotten the basic frequency output calculations eg. f = RxC, which is easy enough looking from the transmitters perspective... although i can't seem to find a solution for the calculation of the recieving end... how do we determine the right values for the capacitance and resistance for the reciever to pickup the signal ?

thank you :)

It sounds like you are trying to determine resonant frequency - probably of an LC (Inductor Capacitor) circuit. Google on resonant frequency LC and you''l find lots of info.

I still think it is better that frequency of a transmitter is determined by:

f=1/(2*pi*sqr(L*C)) where L is inductance in henries, C = capacitance in farads, and f = frequency in hertz.

what about the reciever side?

overfl0w said:
what about the reciever side?

It's the same formula that 'mstechca' has already given, it's the same formula for ANY tuned circuit.

The formula you gave doesn't seem relevent to anything?, it doesn't even include inductance? - and capacitance and inductance is what radio tuning is all about!.

yeh i was only giving an example of a basic formula used in a 555 timer... thanx heaps :)

I think it makes sense if the receiver and transmitter formulas are the same provided that you use one inductor and one capacitor in parallel in both designs.

In some cases, a transmitter and a receiver are almost the same. In fact, it happened a couple of times to me where my receiver was also a short-range transmitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back