Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency multiplication of 20% duty cycle signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If combining two circuits you need to avoid duplication of node names such as 'out' (unless, of course, you want to join those nodes).

I managed to drag my 40106B frequency doubler circuit into your 555 50% Duty Cycle Output.asc.
I like the way LTspice re-numbers the passive components.
Like Alec_t said "duplicated names spell disaster". I had 2 "OUT's" and LTspice spat the dummy.
Got that sorted and it appears to work fine.

Combined circuits.png

I have wired the output of your circuit directly into the 40106b circuit, I am not sure if this is the best way.
Should it be via a capacitor or a resistor?

What software would you recommend to go from LTspice.asc to board layout or even to PCB?
When I make the transition manually my boards are large mainly due to idiot proofing them to protect me from me. ;)

Gratitude is not a word.

You need a "buy me a beer" button or similar :joyful:

Many Thanks .... again

Be aware that the circuit I posted is good for supply voltages up to 9V. Above that there is a risk of base-emitter junction breakdown of Q1 and Q2.

I have wired the output of your circuit directly into the 40106b circuit
A direct connection is fine.
What software would you recommend to go from LTspice.asc to board layout or even to PCB?
Depends.
The easiest is to use layout software that goes directly to board fabrication, such as from ExpressPCB or PCB123.
But the boards are somewhat more expensive then using stand-along layout software, such as Eagle or Diptrace, and then sending the fab file to a PCB vendor, however the learning curve is steeper for that approach.
So it's a tradeoff between easy and cheap, take you pick. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back