Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency Counter Using PIC 16C54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks

Nigel G - You remember the conversation about transformers for PSU the other evening ? Well, they arrived via the courier yesterday - smashed to bits - back to the drawing board for me !!

ATF - the machines are american built 75lbs commercial tumble dryers with canadian control systems most of which is mechanical not electronic. The timer controls I built have a 12v/240v slave relay mounted on a PCB socket which is connected via a 6amp MCB directly to the dryer which takes out all the mechanical control and allows each one to be remotely operated for a time period ranging 8 - 40 mins with precise timing.

Everyone - Thank you for all your kind comments. I think the Forum is a marvelous place and the people in it even better. I would hate to do anything to lose the goodwill of the members by any means but especially by asking too many stupid questions born out of my ignorance.

Regards

S

I would hate to do anything to lose the goodwill of the members by any means but especially by asking too many stupid questions born out of my ignorance.

No problems.
At least you listen (?) (Read) the handy hints and helpfull advice which is offered.
If only a few more of those who appear here would do the same...
...things would be much easier.

JimB

Hi Guys

One final question - I hit on the idea of using a function generator and a freq. counter to help me play with my 'scope to learn how it works and what does what etc. Once I've achieved that, is there going to be much future use for either piece of equipment given that I may well make a few good cakes but I'm unlikely to ever get to icing them !

S

Ask another question??? What are you going to do with your scope?? If you intend to check signals through circuitry, then you'll need a signal to inject!!

Function generators are a very necessary piece of kit.... As are frequency counters... I made both of mine in one unit... I didn't need speed so the old Maxim 038 coupled to a pic16f877 has served me well for many years now... It was from the EPE magazine.... I use it very regularly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back