Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency and speed for stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yms

Hello

I have a stepper motor with 24° how i can find the max frequency which i can use ?

and if i want to know the speed for this motor if i use 500Hz in the commend circuit ?

Thank you

360deg / 24steps = 15 deg/step.

500cycles/sec * 1step/1cycle = 500steps/sec

500steps/sec * 15deg/step = 7500deg/sec

7500deg/sec * 1rev/360deg * 60sec/1min = 1250rev/min

The max frequency of the drive is very complicated. It has to do with inductance of the motor winding, the applied drive voltage, the drive waveform, the inertia of the rotor/mechanical load, the acceleration profile, etc., etc. Read the on-line stepper motor tutorials.

Last edited:
360deg / 24steps = 15 deg/step.

500cycles/sec * 1step/1cycle = 500steps/sec

500steps/sec * 15deg/step = 7500deg/sec

7500deg/sec * 1rev/360deg * 60sec/1min = 1250rev/min

The max frequency of the drive is very complicated. It has to do with inductance of the motor winding, the applied drive voltage, the drive waveform, the inertia of the rotor/mechanical load, the acceleration profile, etc., etc. Read the on-line stepper motor tutorials.

Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back