Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Freqencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

vortex2009

Hi all,
Im interested in building a type of oscilliator.. which send out high SPL sound Pressure waves, say like I got my hi fi loude speaker I want to put throught a high sound pressure ie (To feel it not exactly hear it..!!! is this possible..

the SPL in db Im after is about 140DB.. any help or links will very helpfull..
or does anyone know the frequency that Ive heard once, on a television Programe, that makes one blush.. red) as I remember its a really weird low hum.. dont know anything on that..
thanks in advance
from
vortex2009
:D
:eek:

140dB !
Your going to need a load of power and some very big and efficient speakers to hit that!
Like several of multi Kilowatt level amplifiers and about 6 -10 subwoofers that are around 15 -18 inches in diameter!

If you can get around that 20 hz mark at that SPL you will pee yourself.:eek:
That will make you blush very red! :D

Hope it is not a Brown note amp :)

SPL's

Hi,
thanks for the replys,... perhaps I went a bit over the Top with the SPL level
(lol) .... I'm Just very interested in acoustics and the raw power of Sound..

A Audio hearing person.. in his training days... done a Joke on his colleges he set up a Subwoofer and put a certain frequency through the woofer.. and they really SH*t themselves..
how awfull is that...
thanks for the replys guys anyhow...!!

PS: Whats a Brown Note?
regards
vortex2009
:)

PS: Whats a Brown Note?
regards
vortex2009
:)
A note of a particular frequency that causes you to soil yourself.
Mythbusters concluded that no such thing exists, but only a fraction of the sentient beings on the planet actually want to believe them. They would much rather believe in overunity and HHO and other outrageous propositions.

Myth??? I don’t know!
What I tried to get the 7 story elevator shaft to resonate in the dorm at school. By resonating, it should take less power. It is hard to fins speakers that run well at 15-20hz.

The speakers that Mythbusters used performed poorly at the very low frequency that was needed for their test.

So what are you saying that there might actually be a brown note?

No, but you hit resonance in an elevator shaft and you're gonna scare the crap out of people. Close enough to a brown note for me =)

Last edited:
I can recall my high school days and having a pair of 12 inch subs running at 500 watts RMS each that fired right through the back seat of my car.

There was a "Pee Note" that affected a few girls that sat in the back seat!:eek: ;) :D

the best way is to use tweeters and drive one with say 20KHz and the other with 20.02KHz

this technique is used to do directed audio in museums since ultrasonics travels straight in a beam and mixes to produce audio when it hits the target

Dan

Brown note

I remember reading in an issue of Playboy magazine (yes I read the article too) there was a Brown Note at 57 Hertz. Police supposedly used it for crowd control:(:eek::D

I remember reading in an issue of Playboy magazine (yes I read the article too) there was a Brown Note at 57 Hertz. Police supposedly used it for crowd control:(:eek::D

Well, now there is a fine journal, it must be true :rolleyes:

Actually, the alleged brown note is below human hearing. Somewhere around 5 to 9 Hz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back