Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free synthesiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
If anyone is interested in collecting a faulty Korg Poly6 polythonic synthesiser like this one https://www.vintagesynth.com/index2.html, then I'm throwing one away!.

I was given it as faulty, originally some of the keys didn't work (apparently they can be stripped and cleaned), but by the time I got it, it was non-working. Apparently a common problem, the NiCd backup battery has leaked and corroded the board - it doesn't look too bad, and I've even cleaned the board a little and removed some damaged chips (which I've got replacements for - just 74 TTL series). There's a website that gives all the diagrams and explains what to do to repair it.

However, my daughter doesn't seem at all interested even if I get it working, so I'm planning throwing it out during the summer holidays.

If anyone would like to come and fetch it? (I live not far from junc 29 of the M1 in North Derbyshire), they can have it with pleasure!.

Damn, I would take that but don't live anywhere near nor have transport there :(

It will be worth a bit on ebay though, even broken. I know of someone online who repairs and sells on synths like this, I could PM some details if you wanted.

Dr.EM said:
Damn, I would take that but don't live anywhere near nor have transport there :(

It will be worth a bit on ebay though, even broken. I know of someone online who repairs and sells on synths like this, I could PM some details if you wanted.

Yes, please do, it seems a shame to just throw it away?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back