Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

free ic samples

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubs1646

I am a student that is seeking an electrical engineering degree. one of the biggest problems i have( especially in my town ) is the availabilty of ic's.I have stumbled across something that has helped me out considerably and i wanted to share it. for many ic manufacturers, a couple of chips, for free is free advertising and repeat business. on many of there websites if you are a student you can recieve free samples. no shipping costs just sign up and make a request. broken link removed, www.microchip.com, many if not most manufacturers are willing to send samples.
some people may know about this some people may not.I wanted to share this with everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you

thank you sir....
your ans withe lnks very useful to me.
--------srinivasan

I am a student that is seeking an electrical engineering degree. one of the biggest problems i have( especially in my town ) is the availabilty of ic's.I have stumbled across something that has helped me out considerably and i wanted to share it. for many ic manufacturers, a couple of chips, for free is free advertising and repeat business. on many of there websites if you are a student you can recieve free samples. no shipping costs just sign up and make a request. broken link removed, www.microchip.com, many if not most manufacturers are willing to send samples.
some people may know about this some people may not.I wanted to share this with everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you are willing and able to work with TSOP and smaller, (and smaller) devices, ordering samples is hardly worth the effort. Microchip happens to be an exception, although they charge $7.50 per shipment if you are not a preferred customer.

regardless is there a more specific link to where or what ic's you can buy?

If you're just looking to buy, the supply house catalogs have all the information. If you're looking for freebies, go to the manufacturer's home page and if they do participate in a samples program they will say so. You can then see if there's anything to suit you.

i need you to be more specific. i don't do a lot of online shopping so i don't realy know what i am doing (it would be most helpful if you could post a screen shot as an example)

Dragon, it depends on what you want. There are no specifics in this case, what do you want a screen shot of? You find a chip that you want, you contact the maker or a local supplier of the chip and ask if they supply sample quantities.

you must be psychic, because you always respond to my posts relatively quickly:) if i were to pick an ic; i would probably start with something like a PIC, (or from maxim.com MAX712)

you must be psychic, because you always respond to my posts relatively quickly:) if i were to pick an ic; i would probably start with something like a PIC, (or from maxim.com MAX712)

You may have some trouble getting any ICs from maxim.com. You'd have more luck at maxim-ic.com.

Maxim-ic.com is a good one to get your feet wet on. Go there, and on the right side of the page you'll see a samples box. Check it, fill in your part number, and see how the wheel turns.

You may get lucky.

Thanks for the links, I've placed an order for sample in maxim-ic.com. It took me around 10 minutes to place the order, register my self and got the mission completed.

waiting for samples.:)

need to test/repair K190 tempreture sensor and control unit

deleted as it was ment to be a new thread but went wrong!!

Last edited:
Hi! new to this forum:D

got a quwstion when you register to a site (eg: microchip) what do you have to put in the company text box.

Just put in "student"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back