Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free FFT program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMoffett

I am being "forced" to move from WIN7 PCs to Win10. I have a FFT for audio input program (from 2002) that will not run on WIN10. It has run on XP and Win7 OK. Win10 errors with "Program will not run on this PC. Contact the Vendor." The vendor has long gone out of business. It's FFT Properties ver 3.5. If anyone wants it I can send you the CD and ID and Key.
Ken

That is a kind offer. I just wanted to ask if you tried downloading version 6 and seeing whether your ID and Key will work with the trial download. The trial version of FFT Properties is unlocked with a registration key. The license includes all versions of FFT Properties (v3.5 and v5) all updates until version 6 and technical support. https://www.dewresearch.com/order/order-applications

It looks like the vendor is still around https://www.dewresearch.com/ - no?

Can you set up a dual-boot machine?
Are you able to install a Win 7 virtual machine on Win 10 and run it from there?
Who is doing the "forcing".... IT industry, yourself/employer?

You can also try changing the compatibility mode. Right-click the executable and select properties. Select the Compatibility tab. There are various options you can try to get it to run under Win10.

Mikster,
Forced by our ITS. They have a cycle that keeps them from trying to support "vintage" hardware/OS's. Can't blame them.

DrG,
The search I was using was not for Dew Research. Thanks. I think the 3.5 version was about $30 back then.

There are several free ones out there now. Think I'll look into them first.

Ken

Mikster,
Forced by our ITS. They have a cycle that keeps them from trying to support "vintage" hardware/OS's. Can't blame them.

The University where my daughter and son-in-law work collect old XP machines as spares, as they have a number of multi-million Euro machines that will only run on the old hardware and software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back