Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisarhangpour

Is it possible to convert electromagnetic waves around into a free power supply? (Not a MegaWatt one of course!)
I've heard about some circuits which do so...
Thanks, Ali

Yes, if You live nearby a middle-wawe transmitter (over a kW), with tuned aerial - possible lighting.
Many years ago i've built a receiver (MW) without battery.

alisarhangpour said:
Any circuit diagrams? :?:
Thanks Again, Ali

You just need a tuned circuit, and tap off at a suitable low impedance for what you want to drive.

But you need to be VERY close to a VERY high power transmitter.

The radio Sebi mentioned is called a 'crystal set', they simply use a tuned circuit and a rectifer, feeding either high impedance (2000 ohm) headphones, or a crystal earpiece.

The very early domestic radios were like that (before valves), the rectifier was a piece of crystal, and you made contact to it with a 'cats whisker', a very fine piece of wire - apparently the skill was in finding a sensitive part of the crystal. I'm sure searching for 'crystal set' will find loads of hits!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back