Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

For loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

If i use a for loop my C not that great lol but if I figure this out I think i got it
Code:
for (; ;) {
        for int (i = 0;  i< 100 ; i++) {
       }
     return 0;   // this starts all over?  wrong or Right?
}
I can't find much how it works in xc8 guess I could just try it lol

You need the int inside the brackets.
for(int i=0;i<100;i++){

You probalby want to change it to unsigned int so it's quicker.

Edit, you do not want to return from main.

Mike.

This does what I think it start the loop all over
Code:
void main(void) {
    OSCCON = 0b01110110;
    for (; ;) {

for(unsigned int i = 0;  i< 100; i++) {
       }
       return; // this starts all over?  wrong or Right?
}

}
I was messing with some LCD code that had returns in it that was stopping it in one loop
Been reading up and there not much about using it in a for loop

Mike I'm using mplab X v3.65 and the watch variables but it only updates if I stop it.

I no about the for ( ; ; ) loop what I couldn't find is how return is working there nothing really about it in any thing I found on the xc8 nothing showing it used with a for loop .

What's happening is like you said the code runs to the return and the pic reboots cause as soon as it hits it the messes up the LCD
I guess it's a poor way to restart main.
But I don't no enough about xc8 LOL

In a if statement return a value but in the for loop it's just a loop so I couldn't figure why a return was being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back