Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Following robot, help with the PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

azero

Hi!
I'm new in this forum, but I have read it long time ago.
I'm doing a line following robot, and I have some doubts. The sensor part is finished.
The motors are going to be controlled with a L293D or L298, the difference between them it's only the maximum current I think.
And my question is: Is it neccesary a PWM control? Can I do it with the micro? How?
Thanks!

There is no need to pwm if you only have 2 line detectors, if you have more then 2, it would be needed or else the extra sensors would be useless.

Ok, I think I have understand it.
I use 5 sensor, so with the PWM I controll the speed of the motor depending on the sensors that detects they are out of the line, don't it?

And...how I can program the PWM? I think I'm going to use a 16f84A or a 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back