Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
tussi said:
Hi. Can I use a FM transmitter(https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/rf/016/index.html) to transmitt uart signals??

Basically NO! - you could add a MODEM at each end (or at least a MODulator on the transmitter and a DEModulator on the receiver, just as you would down a phone line - but you're only looking at very low speeds. You also have the huge problems of path reliability and no return path - with a phone line you can ask for any missed data to be resent, a radio link is usually just one way.

You can buy licence free short range radio modules, these would be a far better bet - and are fully legal. However, you still have the same path reliability problems and only a one way path - although you can two way systems, but at considerably higher cost. By using suitable protocols you can improve reliability somewhat, but you need to be aware that you can't guarantee the data gets through - a lot depends what you are trying to do?.

The 433Mhz transmitter that is made for sending uart signals are onely short range, I need 1-3 km.. If i put some uart signals inn to the tranceiver, what would i get out from the receiver??

I know that wireless and other long distance communication sometime mess up the signals, thats why i use crc.

I want to make a two way communication with a really fast speed boat, so i can steer it with my laptop..

pike said:
hmm i would try Radio Metrix or something like that if you need 1-3km range.

just 1 question though, what is crc?

"Cyclic Redundancy Check", basically extra data transmitted to allow a degree of error checking.

A google search finds loads about it, you might like to try for details.

Hi. The Radio Metrix transmitter looked good, but where can i buy it?? How expensive are they??
Live in Norway..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back