Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM transmitter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

I have built these two circuits on a breadboard and tested them with an RF probe, which works great by the way, and have gotten absoulely NO results. Just wondering if someone could analyze these circuits and tell me if I'm just doing something stupid, or if it has something to do with the breadboard (I wouldn't imagine so, but u never know), or there is actually a flaw in both of these circuits.

Attachments

• fm_circuits.jpg
    fm_circuits.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 658
zachtheterrible said:
Just wondering if someone could analyze these circuits and tell me if I'm just doing something stupid, or if it has something to do with the breadboard (I wouldn't imagine so, but u never know), or there is actually a flaw in both of these circuits.

You can't use breadboards to build VHF RF circuits, the capacitance of the board is far too high - I wouldn't expect it to work.

WOW!! I never thought that that would actually be true. Do you have any good ideas for testing VHF circuit w/o a breadboard? I thought of clipping all of the leads together w/ some aligator clips, but would the long uncut leads mean that the capacitance would again be too high?

Prototypn45 said:
what do ya mean by sayin that the capacitance of the breadboard is too high???

The adjacent tracks have a fairly high capacitance between them, you can't build VHF radio circuits on something like that.

Remember, a capacitor is two conductors, seperated by an insulator - sounds just like a breadboard!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back