Fm transmitter help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoeffejl

I bought and assembled a fm transmitter kit and it works good but i was wondering if it could extend its range. could removing R12 help?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 490
You must not remove R12.
It takes a lot of power to get a high wattage transistor working, like the one you have. You should get 5km with the circuit.
I get 3km with 2N3563.

colin55: do you perhaps know where the kit is purchased from or any website for information? I am interested to see if the distance can go up to 5km.

The BA1404 IC is obsolete and has not been made for about 7 years because it had many complaints of poor performance. So its manufacturer Rohm released a few much better ICs that use a programmable RF frequency synthesizer using a crystal oscillator and a phase-locked-loop.

The Micromitter is a project that uses one of the new ICs and the circuit is used in a kit and in most MP3 to car radio FM stereo transmitter products. It has an attenuator at its RF output to produce legal short range.

Attachments

• Micromitter schematic.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 362
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…