Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM Transmitter - Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarniwoop

G'day all,

I got around to modifying my FM Transmitter (Velleman-Kit K1771) so that it can accept an input from an audio source such as a CD player, sound card, etc. Now I have a different problem.

There is a constant background humming in the broadcast. This changes in volume and pitch depending on where the transmitter is situated, generally if it is near metal, the noise increases. From this I gather that I need to shield it, the question is how do I do this?

Circuit Diagram **broken link removed**

Cheers!
Grant

Hmm Interresting...

I think you need so make some thing that will block Maghetic power!

PS:
I have no idea how to block magnetism! :oops:

I considered that it could also be a problem with the power source. Since it runs for long periods, I am running it from a 240VAC -> 9VDC Plug-Pack. Could this be a problem? If so, is there a solution?

Try it with a 9V DC Battery, if the current rating is not enough, try to connect two batteries in parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back