Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM modulator help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_miser901

I dont know a whole lot about electronics. But I want to make a FM modulator to use in my car so i can plug my PS2 into it and be able to tune my FM radio to pick up the sound coming from the PS2. can you give me a detailed part list and give me some detail on how to make it all work. Also any places to get electronic parts except radio shack?

I do not have a circuit handy, but an FM modulator can be constructed from a handful of capacitors, tuning cap, resistor, and an RF transistor.

Having said that, this is a case where I would suggest just purchasing an FM modulator. You can find them for about 25USD, I doubt that you could get a package and the appropriate antenna connectors for that price.

Although wireless is definitely a cooler route, if your car has a tape deck you could purchase a device that is made to connect a CD player to a tape deck and get/make an adapter cable to connect that to your PS2's audio outputs.

so no one knows how to make one? the cheapest ive seen around here is 49.99+ tax. and i have a cd player in my car so i cat use the tape route

Here is one circuit http://www.radiophony.com/html_files/frequency.html

Keep in mind that building a circuit to operate at RF, 88-108MHz is going to take a very clean circuit so that it stays tuned to the right frequency and works well. A circuit board would be ideal, but that will easily cost more than just buying one.

BTW, searching for "fm modulator" on shopping.yahoo.com yields pages of hits, the first page has a few that are about 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back