FM modulator help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_miser901

I dont know a whole lot about electronics. But I want to make a FM modulator to use in my car so i can plug my PS2 into it and be able to tune my FM radio to pick up the sound coming from the PS2. can you give me a detailed part list and give me some detail on how to make it all work. Also any places to get electronic parts except radio shack?

I do not have a circuit handy, but an FM modulator can be constructed from a handful of capacitors, tuning cap, resistor, and an RF transistor.

Having said that, this is a case where I would suggest just purchasing an FM modulator. You can find them for about 25USD, I doubt that you could get a package and the appropriate antenna connectors for that price.

Although wireless is definitely a cooler route, if your car has a tape deck you could purchase a device that is made to connect a CD player to a tape deck and get/make an adapter cable to connect that to your PS2's audio outputs.

so no one knows how to make one? the cheapest ive seen around here is 49.99+ tax. and i have a cd player in my car so i cat use the tape route

Here is one circuit http://www.radiophony.com/html_files/frequency.html

Keep in mind that building a circuit to operate at RF, 88-108MHz is going to take a very clean circuit so that it stays tuned to the right frequency and works well. A circuit board would be ideal, but that will easily cost more than just buying one.

BTW, searching for "fm modulator" on shopping.yahoo.com yields pages of hits, the first page has a few that are about 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…