Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM CRYSTAL TRANSMITTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbaybayan

I did design a crystal FM transmitter using electret microphone at
3 Volts supply. I need help how to increase further the transmitted voice
signal. It is too soft on the receiver end. :(

Received amplitude is proportional to frequency deviation. If you are trying to directly modulate a crystal oscillator, you will never get enough deviation for reasonable received amplitude. Maybe **broken link removed** would be useful to you.

Thanks for your input. The link does not help much as I would like to
maintain the design with some minor modification. Any idea's to make
this things work?

Regards,

Ruel

Try reducing the "Q" of the crystal to allow it to have a wider frequency swing. Depending on the oscillator circuit used, you may connect a resistor in series or parallel with the crystal.

However, the resistance value chosen might inhibit the circuit from oscillation so start with say a 1megaohm for a parallel connection or 100 ohm for series connection and adjust accordingly.

Hi rbaybayan

rbaybayan said:
Thanks for your input. The link does not help much as I would like to
maintain the design with some minor modification. Any idea's to make
this things work?

If you could show your design we may be able to help more.

Thanks.....Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back