Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flymo hover compact 330, capacitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am an electronics virgin as such, I am wanting to get into it and have bought a couple of books and some simple projects that I want to start.

My problem is twofold, my missus left the mower in the garden uncovered and after i stripped out the switching mechanism one of the wires into the capacitor has rotted completely.

It is a yellow rectangular one and it says MEX-X2 MKP, 0.22uf with (what I assume to be) a voltage rating of ~40;85/21 280v~, it has EN132400 on it and is stamped with X8 on the narrow edge.

I want to know if anyone can advise me where I can get a replacement one from and the best plac etc buy electronics components from? or alternatively is there another that will be suitable without the exact same spec for the mower?

i had a look on ebay and found this item 130301050310 but im afraid I dont know if it would be suitable. :eek:

Any advice on sources for reference, buying components and anything else related to electronics, thanks

TIA

anywhere else?

Hi,
thanks for the prompt reply, the shipping cost might be dear but i dont think its going to be as expensive as a new mower which would cost me £90 :)

Just out of interest I live in the UK, is digi key an American based company?

Thanks

Hi,
thanks for the prompt reply, the shipping cost might be dear but i dont think its going to be as expensive as a new mower which would cost me £90 :)

Thanks

hi,
Its a basic 0.22uF 280Vrms cap.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Hi,
A perfect reason to list your location in your profile. That would've saved Sceadwian all the effort.

Apologies

I only joined the site last night and didn't update my profile to include my whereabouts, many thanks for taking the time and apologies for my lack of information :eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back