Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flyback Diode Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(in series with pin 3)
Like this correct?
PoolSpinnerVerifySCH-CR.png

Making schematics that are more readable goes a long way to reducing errors.
I did read the article. I mean I read it a while ago. There were some references that I just did not understand. Its a bit beyond what i know. I am sorry if they are not the best but in my defense I have come a long way. I began my circuit interest here back in 03/2020. That project took 1 year.

I understand more now and can take any amount of criticism. If you wouldn't mind pointing out 2-3 major things I could improve on I will apply them to future projects.

I did read the article. I mean I read it a while ago. There were some references that I just did not understand. Its a bit beyond what i know. I am sorry if they are not the best but in my defense I have come a long way. I began my circuit interest here back in 03/2020. That project took 1 year.

I understand more now and can take any amount of criticism. If you wouldn't mind pointing out 2-3 major things I could improve on I will apply them to future projects.

For a very simple improvement - as you're using DesignSpark (as I do) - you can turn off a lot of the crap on the components.

If you right click on a component (such as Q1) and select 'Properties' you can then untick Pin Numbers, Pin Names (if you want), and Package (as in the picture below) - this removes a lot of unwanted crap off the screen. There 'might' be a way to set that as the default?, but I've not found it.

DesignSpark.png

you can then untick Pin Numbers, Pin Names (if you want)
I have a bit of dyslexia. To help I purposely take on things that force me to concentrate. Seeing the pin numbers and names on the transistors and the pots helps me while im designing the PCB. Components like transistors that can be applied in different configurations is enough to make the belts fall right off my gears. I suppose when (if) I ever memorize the pins and names of them ill turn them off. I could definitely turn them off on most of the other components though. I am having a lot of fun making these projects and learning about the components. Thank you for all your help.

The normal (or at least common) convention is to have positive power across the top, ground bottom (or centre, if it's got dual supplies) and "signal flow" from left to right.

That generally makes diagrams easier to follow.

I have a bit of dyslexia. To help I purposely take on things that force me to concentrate. Seeing the pin numbers and names on the transistors and the pots helps me while im designing the PCB. Components like transistors that can be applied in different configurations is enough to make the belts fall right off my gears. I suppose when (if) I ever memorize the pins and names of them ill turn them off. I could definitely turn them off on most of the other components though. I am having a lot of fun making these projects and learning about the components. Thank you for all your help.

You don't need the Package on screen for anything, and the Pin Numbers are completely arbitrary and of no use. Do you really need A & B, and 1 &2 on the resistors?.

CBE on the transistor might be of a little use (which was why I put 'if you want' on 'Pin Names'), and the pin names on the chip and encoder are probably of considerably more use. But resistors don't have an A or a B, or a 1 or a 2, so it's utterly useless - and is only likely to confuse you more.

But resistors don't have an A or a B, or a 1 or a 2, so it's utterly useless
agreed. After some more experience with this design spark ill figure out how to set it up just how i like. Every time i change a component the program throws up the pins and names. It was so annoying. Ive just found that that is controlled at the component level. Accessed in the library I can edit the resistor symbol to hide or show values.

Hi

Here is your schematic redrawn following some simple guidelines to improve readablity:

1. Power sources top to bottom. Positive on top, Ground on bottom
2. Signals from left to right. Inputs on left, outputs on right.
3. Seperate into functional blocks. Power circuit and Touch Pad circuit.
4. Notes at lower left hand corner of drawing.

The schematic is a logical representation of the circuit. Don't get caught up trying to make the symbols look like the physical parts.
The physical parts are represented in the PCB board layout.

1630689691385.png

You can see that I reconfigured the TTP223 symbol to comply with the guidelines. You'll find doing so will help produce cleaner, readable, easy to follow schematics.

BTW-I didn't check the design, it wasn't my focus for this post.

Last edited:
You can see that I reconfigured the TTP223 symbol
Its beautiful. It really puts things into perspective. So I would actually edit the component. I have altered the PCB version when the size and/or pin outs are wrong but did not think to alter the SCH version. Thank you.

Reactions: Buk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back