Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flowcode programming for remind the number of raka'ah prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabarti

I am currently building a a device that can remind the number of raka'ah of prayer for some people there is a situation of forgetting the raka'ah of prayer performed as a muslim person and I am using PIC16F84A microcontroller for counting the number of raka’ah of prayer and the design should contain a seven segment display to facilitate the monitoring process. I am using Flowcode for programming the PIC but there are not a lot of tutorials or helpful articles about how to use Flowcode. If somone can help me and knows how to use Flowcode please reply to me.

Thank you

Welcome to the site. That is a pretty specific code development tool.

You'd be better off asking specific flowcode questions at the flowcode forum hosted by the manufacturer of that IDE. The link to version 8 of the software is below. If you are using a different version, you'll have to click a few more times to get there.

Funnily enough I have Flowcode 4 here - I've never used it, I was given it by someone who bought it and never used it either. It's sat in a drawer next to me, along with PCBWizard 3 that I was also given.

I call it lego code as you can only do stuff the designer envisaged. Schools here use lego robotics and think they're teaching programming. Absolute nonsense.

Mike.

I call it lego code as you can only do stuff the designer envisaged. Schools here use lego robotics and think they're teaching programming. Absolute nonsense.

Mike.

Nothing wrong with simplifying the part of the project that's not important to the goal of the project. If the hammer works, no need to buy a wrench.

Flowcode, I believe is like Labview where the "icons" execute when ALL the data is available. I had to learn LabView when it was being developed Version 2.2.1 and ported to the PC. I was also managing the code development. I had to develop "Flicker fixers" so the screen wouln't flicker.

It was very easy to write processes that executed in parallel which also means potential "race conditions".

At the time, the "Error Cluster" was not well thought out, but it's the bases of every vi (Virtual Instrument) that you develop. You set up each vi, with an error in and error out and some (management stuff) such that it does not execute if there is an error. The "last" vi inthe sequence handles the error handling and "printing" of the error.

This is a key concept. Without it, you can't get very far.

Another key concept is variable types, type casting and structures. LabView also has special numbers called Inf and nan.
An Inf would be created by dividing by zero. Nan is Not a Number.

In this particular project, I chose to:
1) Develop without the instrumentation connected - i.e. simulaton
2) I worked on conceptual issues and program design
3) I did the instrumentation interfacing.

It worked out really well.

One concept that my manager had was to print results after each test. That turned out to be unworkable, Tests were batch printed at the end of the day. One parameter that was entered was area and it was usually the nominal area. You could load the file back and actually change the area and the data would scale accordingly. There was a structure field, a pre-comment and a post comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back