Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Florian Wesch -- Evil Genius

Status
Not open for further replies.

tansis

A computer science student from Durlach in Germany has worked out a way to store a tune on the radio-frequency identification (RFID) tags now attached to many consumer goods. To put a musical jingle onto a typical tag's 1-kilobyte memory, Florian Wesch used the compressed music format employed by the Commodore 64 home computer (a popular model in the 1980's). When the tag is scanned at the checkout, it would send the tune to be played by the tag reader.

What purpose does that serve?? You hear mary had a little lamb every time you go through the checkout stand? :lol:

I can see it now... every time the register-person scans a soft drink, the Coca-Cola jingle plays... talk about impulse buying tactics...

I would do it just to annoy people. ;)

I don't get it. The RFID readers already have the capability to play the tune and this is like a hack, or this is something he's come up with a prototype for an he's proposing to market?

What's the point? Play music with every scan. I'm annoyed by the damn confirmation beeps.

I can see it now... every time the register-person scans a soft drink, the Coca-Cola jingle plays... talk about impulse buying tactics...
thats enough to piss me off!

I think I'd have to bring in some sort of EM pulse to disable the tags that i buy . . . just for my own personal satisfaction :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back