Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FLAME-OUT Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see.

So without the ozone layer we will still be shielded against the UVC from the sun.

Nice to hear that ozone layer is no longer shrinking. It is a good news to us all !

But why people are still talking about the "warming" up of the whole world ?

Global warming and ozone depletion are two totally different issues. The former is the destruction of the protective ozone layer by bromine and chlorine free radicals generated from man-made CFCs. The latter is warming of the earth's climate. Many scientists have put this down to rising carbon dioxide levels, they believe that CO2 is absorbing solar radiation and warming the atmosphere, while others aren't convinced and think it's jus all part of natural climate change.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_depletion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Let me make a small addition to the previous post. There is little, if any, debate about the rising CO2 concentration. Questions on which there is much less agreeement are: 1) what portion of that increase is due to [excessive] activites of humans; 2) what part of the rise is simply a the result from increasing temperature due to natural climate change; and 3) how much of the temperature increase could be due to the rise in CO2 concentration.

Last edited:
Exactly, global warming hasn't proven to be due to human activity, for all we know it could be just nature taking its course.

There again since when have CO2 levels been this high?

Somehow I can't help but think that human activity is at least partly to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back