Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fixing my camera backlight (Sony DSC-W55)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico

So I am trying to fix my camera lcd backlight and I have discovered (after replacing the backlight) that the inverter is broken (0V across the backlight)

I'm pretty sure I cant fix this inverter itself because the boards are pretty dense/confusing, but you can buy replacement boards. However I'm not sure were the inverter is, I think its on the main board because all of the ICs etc seem to be there but I was wondering your opinion.
So my question is, do you think the main board (images below) houses the inverter? I will just replace the inverter board.

Here is a link to a pic of the backlight connection (to some other board)
Here is a link to a pic of the main board side 1.
Here is a link to a pic of the main board side 2.

Last edited:
What makes you think it has an inverter? It's more likely to be an LED backlight.

I assumed it was a CCFL but I dont know why.

Either way any idea where the power supply for the screen would be located based on those pictures?
(DC-DC converter if its LED backlit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back