Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Five years on ETO

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
Just noticed that a few days ago marked my fifth year here on ETO!!

thanks, I cant remember back that far lol

So good to see you back after Jason passed. Must of been hard/difficult for you. In the extreme. But you are as tough as nails.

I have loads of respect for you...the whole World is sitting and waiting for you to shine....could take time.....just pace it even if your mind runs @ incredible speeds. Stop, think, chill.

Then you are good to conquer anything :).

Regards,
tv

So good to see you back after Jason passed. Must of been hard/difficult for you. In the extreme. But you are as tough as nails.

I have loads of respect for you...the whole World is sitting and waiting for you to shine....could take time.....just pace it even if your mind runs @ incredible speeds. Stop, think, chill.

Then you are good to conquer anything :).

Regards,
tv
Thanks, yes it has been hard without my dad. I have been ok until I watched the vid in the Einstein thread, in it near the start the guy comes out of a building and there is a big name plate that says J.Bell. It caught me off guard! I enjoyed the vid but cried most the way through lol

Happy anniversary LG! I know this past year has been very tough on you and your family, but just remember that you're welcome here.

Best wishes and warm regards,
Matt

cheers Matt

Congrats Ghostman. I just joined in November but I'm already enjoying this place quite a bit. :woot:
I am also in scotland, Dumfries and Galloway, we moved a few years ago from Devon. Only because someone forgot to mention the midges!!

:joyful:
I am also in scotland, Dumfries and Galloway, we moved a few years ago from Devon. Only because someone forgot to mention the midges!!

He he :woot:

Yeah the midges can be bad on summer nights. Thankfully they seem to prefer the taste of my wife's blood! :joyful:

We live in Stirling, bang in the middle of our country.

I was once at Burroughs in Cumbernauld for a week long fly and fix at our sister plant. They said cum bring the weef and lads , and I wish I had. Then back to the dead centre of North America in Winnipeg,Manitoba.
Data PLL problem on their side with HDD interface....resolved.

I know you for five days and read 5 of your posts and it is clear that you are unique. Keep up the speed.
Unique is one word for it lol, thanks (I think lol), I am just a normal curious 15 year old with the need to know how it all works

Unique is one word for it lol, thanks (I think lol), I am just a normal curious 15 year old with the need to know how it all works

I read somewhere that males reach their optimal mental and physical functioning around 16 ~19 years of age. I tend to go along with this based on my own experiences. Enjoy it whilst you're able ghostman. I'm 42 now and well down the downward slope! :(

and how to repair it.
I am still more in the taking apart stage than actual repair! I do repair everything I take apart, but it seems the modern world isnt ready for my technology as sometimes the repaired things dont work!! I assume this is because my superior repair technique requires something other than the 'OLD' outdated voltages and currents the energy companies are working on. :D

42 isnt that old...........of course technically middle age is 35 if you believe in the bible (three score years and ten/2 =35), so yes your on the slope! Dont worry I will update you on the enjoyment of my youth lol.

I have nearly finished my latest project, totally reluctant to post it though. Having spent all my time here slagging off Raspberry Pi and Arduino my latest project uses both :oops:, worse still I actually liked working with them:oops::oops::oops:. Guess I am going to have to revise my opinion :meh:

I have to say, LG, you bring back great memories for me of that time when I was first playing with electronics nearly 3 score years ago ( a "score" is 20 years, not ten - see: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=a+score+is+how+many+years).

The beauty of electronics (or technology in general) is the constant flux of the genre. For instance, early comms where based on the wires, spark gaps and Morse code. Now it's bazillions of bit streams traveling through glass and space. Same concepts, utterly different means. Not to mention complexity.

Each new innovation keeps the genre fresh and interesting and, most importantly, fun... :cool:.
I have nearly finished my latest project, totally reluctant to post it though.
Please, would you at least give us a hint... :woot:?!

I have to say, LG, you bring back great memories for me of that time when I was first playing with electronics nearly 3 score years ago ( a "score" is 20 years, not ten)

I believe he knows that. He said three score and ten / 2, which is 35 (20+20+20+10 = 70, /2 = 35)

I believe he knows that. He said three score and ten / 2, which is 35 (20+20+20+10 = 70, /2 = 35)
Oops. My error.

My "divide a sentence" by 2 math skills have eroded. The sad side effect of my (5 score minus 2 / 2) years of excess... :banghead:.

I have to say, LG, you bring back great memories for me of that time when I was first playing with electronics nearly 3 score years ago ( a "score" is 20 years, not ten - see: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=a+score+is+how+many+years).

The beauty of electronics (or technology in general) is the constant flux of the genre. For instance, early comms where based on the wires, spark gaps and Morse code. Now it's bazillions of bit streams traveling through glass and space. Same concepts, utterly different means. Not to mention complexity.

Each new innovation keeps the genre fresh and interesting and, most importantly, fun... :cool:.

Please, would you at least give us a hint... :woot:?!
Yeah it uses a Pi and a Arduino lol theres you hint! I will post it up when I get a few mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back