Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fishing TV repair or video advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan Faust

Hello I have a fish TV video camera the TV has a horizontal line across the screen in the middle I would like to repair it however do not know how. also the video camera which is a CCD has a five pin male DIN plug but I thought is there a possibility of going from five pin DIN to quarter inch video, because I have another license plate camera that goes to a 1/4” video screen....

You have not given much information but:
A fishing camera and a license plate camera system are nearly the same thing.
5 pin male DIN:
We don't know the pin out.
Likely power (5 volt to 12 volts) needs to be measured.
Ground.
Video (75 ohm resistance to ground)
Maybe another ground. (maybe not)
Maybe no-connected wires.
Maybe H. Sync and V.Sync
Too many unknowns.
From China you can get some good car monitors much like you license plate reader.

Hi,

My apologies for my clarity. I’ll try and explain better with pictures. I have a fish tv... first picture, the tv portion shows a horizontal line. The ccd camera that attaches to it works. The plug that comes from the ccd camera is a 5 pin DIN. I also have a video display from a license plat ccd, which has a 1/4 video Input. I’d like to be able to put the ccd with the 5pin DIn I to the video monitor with the 1/4 video...

E5F91F88-2441-40A4-916A-3F3E598BDC74.jpeg CFC62F3C-3AD4-46FF-8F00-DC96AC8D9E5C.jpeg 3A3D2573-EC29-43B1-8EF3-2801A1A699D4.jpeg F2BDBBC3-284A-4733-8745-6D53E3185210.jpeg B63010FD-E774-4622-B02C-D3ACAFFA9B16.jpeg

I see two problems.
1) We need to find out about the connector for VR3 video display. It appears to have a 3 pin connector. (power, video, ground)
2) We need to find out about the connector on the FishTV.

I looked for 5 minutes for the VR3 and did not find any data. This might be hard.

Don’t know if this can help? The connector looks like a 1/4” stéréo connector, but u might understand the link info below...

**broken link removed**

If i read the article correctly (sorry, I’m a dabbler in electronics), a m-m TRS câble works for video. (Don’t know what TRS is), and I’m wondering how I can test the DIN to see if I can get a signal from the ccd to the VR3 and then convert a TRS to a female DIN to connect the 2

Assuming the camera is powered through the 5 pin din then the first thing to do is to plug another male plug into the display and establish which pins are power. Then power the camera and use a scope to work out what the other pins are. Without a scope I'm not sure what you can do.

Mike.

Thank for the responses...,Only power is on the little tv screen.... so cam gets power from there. If I wanted to try and fix the tv, any ideas on the horizontal line issue.... ie the entire screen is limited to approx 1 inch in the middle of the screen horizontally.

So I looked inside the little tv, and saw the following.... the cable going to 5 pin DIN has two black, a red and a yellow wire going out to it. (Third pic)I also took pics of different components on the circuit board which I figure are horizontal and verticale controls on the screen. (4th and 5th pic)I also took a pic of the screen issue....

C4A837CC-DC5E-44B2-BE69-6F43D97FACC5.jpeg 9CE36E40-E6BA-4221-A87D-849E8E4FD7D8.jpeg 9FC4BD70-C2C7-43A4-BDCE-F809F24F892A.jpeg DF4262EE-87D6-40CF-B5E8-AEB2C6E62E6C.jpeg C11EB405-7FF9-4B52-9A24-9F82A60A64EE.jpeg

The Red will be the power feed to the camera, measure that. The yellow will be Video from the camera. The 2 black are the common ground conections. Your vertical fault will most proberly be dried out electrolytics in the vert stage, or no power to the vert chip, or faulty chip. I have a similar Video underwater camera & I use it on an LCD screen.

Thx for the response. By dried out electrolytic, I assume you are talking a broken solder connection?ill try refreshing all those that connect to the tube...

As for the lcd screen, can I convert the 5pin DIN to a 1/8th video?

Were talking Electrolytics that become faulty due to them drying out internaly due to age. Also worth checking the Vert drive circuit (chip) for faulty solder joints.

the problem with the line on the screen is no vertical sweep. this could be a failed vertical amplifier, or the deflection yoke is bad, or has a bad connection, or, as sometimes happened, there were electrolytic capacitors coupling the signal to the vertical yoke winding that would fail.

the yoke is the thing on the neck of the picture tube with lots of magnet wire on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back