Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

first interview Experience as fresher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth86

Hello
can anyone share your first interview experience as fresher. like what was first question, I think "tell me about yourself" how did you answer. how did you got the job, what was feeling,

Interviews are like first dates, tell them what they want to hear and you might get lucky :)

Seriously though, no two interviews are the same as you are dealing with different people all having their own individual traits. All I can say is be confident in yourself and in doing so your confidence will allow you to not just talk the talk, but walk the walk. Oh and be yourself, but be mindful of your place. I know, not much help. If you get one of those progressive companies, they will try the behavioral questions on you for example; So convince me why you should work here...
Cheers...

Hi Vead,

Mike, highlights a very important aspect of interviews- they are not all the same and the interviewers are not the same.

At the company that I worked at it was very much down to chance who did your interview and how well you would do. An interviewer may for example reject you because you wore brightly colored socks. In one instance a candidate was rejected because he said that the Q as in Q factor of an inductor stood for 'Quality'. The point is that Q does stand for Quality.

So the message is to be as conventional and normal as possible in your dress, attitude and what you say. That way you stand less chance of triggering one of the interviewer's pet hates. But, at the same time, you need to make an impact so that you stand out from the crowd- there may be many other people applying for the same position. But, whatever you do, never say anything controversial and never argue with the interviewer. As Mike says, they may be testing you anyway.

Another thing is to listen to what the interviewer says. People who listen are often judged to be intelligent. Everyone has a pet subject, it may be railway trains, mountaineering, or stamp collecting. If you can get the interviewer talking about his pet subject it is a good move.

Never, never be late for an interview. Arrive in plenty of time. If you are going to be late due to some unavoidable circumstance contact the company immediately and let them know. That way the interviewer will not be kept hanging around. Bear in mind that interviewers have a proper job too.

On the actual job function, the overriding factor is, 'What use would I be to this company?. You would be advised before the interview to thoroughly investigate what the company is and learn about the particular division you hope to work at.

The other thing is to answer questions directly and fully.

And the universal question, 'Why do you want to work for this company?'

The bad answers:
Because I want to make a lot of money
Because I want your job
Because with my skills I think that I could improve this company

The good answer:
xxx company is involved in commercial electronics, including the xxx equipment and I feel that I would like to work in this area. Although I am a student I am keen to learn and I would hope to make a valuable contribution to the company. I like the idea of working for a big company because of the wider scope, both in people and facilities. I would also be interested in working at your overseas divisions if required.

Perhaps not the best wording, but I hope it conveys the idea.

Oh, and by the way- your CV plays an important role in your interview- it will be all the interviewer has on you. So make sure you know what your CV says.
For example, if your CV says one of your hobbies is bee keeping you had better make sure you actually know about bee keeping because you may be asked.

Like Mike says, interviews are like first dates: awkward, but fun, with the potential to lead on to bigger things.:)

spec

Last edited:
For the first time I was bit confused. I don't know how to answer their questions. There were 4 people on the interview board. I entered into the interview board. And give them 'Nomaskar' and they replied. The first person asked me a question after that. And I give their all answer confidently. it was totally nice experience for my life. I never forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back