Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Firefox - suffering is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
Win XP SP3 plus Mozilla Firefox duly updated in use.

For about two months, due to very slow access to Internet, I hammered my ISP's technical help people with complaints.

They changed my modem twice, the last one with wi fi included.

This morning, after seeing a message of a timeout because my browser failed to issue a certain request in time, I considered that Mozilla Firefox could be questioned.

Long story short: Chrome installed in two of my computers and everything seems to go very well. MF uninstalled unceremoniously.

In my three machines lately, MF was taking long time to start, using lot of RAM, MUCH more than in the past. I even went to the initial default settings but no joy.

I have actually been having problems with Chrome lately on my laptop--it seems to freeze up a lot, especially when I'm streaming video or using flash. The video tends to stop, but the audio continues so I know it's not a buffering issue. I've tried all sorts of things to remedy it but to no avail. I switched to FF on my laptop and everything works like a champ. Seems I am the complete opposite of you.

My problems with chrome were in Windows 7 and 8.

Kind of ironic, Matt.

After few hours of use, I realized that Chrome did not bother me about plug-ins, complements, software to update and the like.

Sole thing I need is the equivalent of Ad-block used in MF.

Sole thing I need is the equivalent of Ad-block used in MF.

I have found the Chrome version of Adblock to be far superior to the version for FF. Go to your menu (the three bars just to the right of the address bar), select tools-->Extensions, and click "Get More Extensions". On the page that comes up just do a search for adblock. Installation is quick and painless, and I highly recommend it!

Good luck,
Matt

Done.

Working now.

Gracias Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back