Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Firefox Bookmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
Is there a way to make it so FireFox sees all the same bookmarks as my start menu favorites menu like Internet Explorer does?

And is there any way to manage multiple book marks quickly (like mass highlighting to move?). Every tiem I want to do anything with the bookmarks its like a 20 second wait time where my harddrive goes nuts, like deleting bookmarks.

You can import and control bookmarks from the "Organize bookmarks" option in the bookmarks folder. Or Press Cntrl-Shift+B which is the default hotkey.

I know. It's just nice to have everything in-synch. And the FireFox bookmarks is SUPER SUPER slow (tens of seconds to organize and a couple minutes to import and delete.). It's ridiculous.

I know. It's just nice to have everything in-synch. And the FireFox bookmarks is SUPER SUPER slow (tens of seconds to organize and a couple minutes to import and delete.). It's ridiculous.

it just took 7 sec for me to import bookmarks from IE (favorites). may be i have less , say 100.

I only have 515. I timed it and it took 2 minutes. Same thing with deleting them.

Last edited:
I only have 515. I timed it and it took 2 minutes. Same thing with deleting them.
perhaps you may export them once to IE to save them. there after try to install a newer version of Firefox. Recent version is 3.0.10
at the time of installation it would suggest you , whether to import favorites , where you may direct it to IE.

your footnote appears correct. however, the difference is too small and perhaps an edit is not that essential !

also, check whether you need to defrag your HDD to make it slightly faster.
it might take time depending on the size of HDD as you know.

Last edited:
THis is the newest version of FIreFox (I just installed it yesterday). THe bookmark management is still uber slow though. And why would my harddrive fragmentation be affected so much by something small as importing favorites?

THis is the newest version of FIreFox (I just installed it yesterday). THe bookmark management is still uber slow though. And why would my harddrive fragmentation be affected so much by something small as importing favorites?
You need to defrag only when all other operations are observed slow.

Why would the optimize import speed? It's something you should only do once. It must be doing some kind of validation on the bookmarks though because bookmark files are only simple HTML documents, your entire bookmark file is probably only a few dozen kb of text. On larger hard drives it might not even take up an entire cluster so disk fragmentation can't be the cause.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back