Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finally building a big van de graaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
Look at this project that makes one million volts DC:
**broken link removed**

The sparks are four feet long!

He had to use four flyback transformers in parallel to provide the voltage multipliers with enough power. :lol:
and that just looks plain deadly

i think ill stick with the safe van de graaff

Yea exsept i didnt have 1.6kJ.I had about 90 J only at "only" 110V.

Nah its not dengerus,unles the room is full of flamable gas.

Anyway it probobly dosent feal good to get hit by an big chunk of orange hot metal.Smal ones just bouce off but big ones make black dots on paper and enbed them selfs in plastic

The first pic is 0,7 mm solder.Then 2nd and 3rd are iron and solder.Then its aluminium(yep its very bright) and then comes iron alone.The iron one was made whith an slight delay so you can only see the sparks.

And yes this goes bang when i hit the triger.Enugh bang when is an enclosed space it lifts an smal pice of papaer on top.(Have an video if anyone wants to see it)

I once did this in an small plastic box full of water.A lot of the water sqorted out.

I once sean someome made an hotdog explode.

Oh and i used six 10 000uF 63V caps.

Wired 3 in parallel and those 2 parallel pairs are then wired serialy.This gives 15 000uF at 126V this stores about 90 J of energy. If all parallel they should store 150 J but it dosent make that big sparks.I think even les energy is put out becose less curent flows in that short moment.This never discarges completely becose when the metal is vaporised the circuit is opend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back