Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FINAL YEAR PROJECTS IN VLSI DESIGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

cidtad2

hi every1....i am a third year student in bombay university,INDIA, doing my electronics and telecommunication engineering.

as we dont have any such subject in our course, i am very amature and want to gather as much information as possible

to start with, i would like a idea's on projects i can do using any of the tools like vhdl,verilog (these are the 2 only tools i know, plz. tell me if thr are anymore) and interface any communication circuit with it.

i am goin through various vhdl tutorials.before i approach companies for projects i believe i must know quite something in vhdl and about the subject.

i really hope some1 can giv me a start....bcoz thats wat im desparately in need of....

thanx a lot...

siddharth

cidtad2 said:
hi every1....i am a third year student in bombay university,INDIA, doing my electronics and telecommunication engineering.

as we dont have any such subject in our course, i am very amature and want to gather as much information as possible

to start with, i would like a idea's on projects i can do using any of the tools like vhdl,verilog (these are the 2 only tools i know, plz. tell me if thr are anymore) and interface any communication circuit with it.

i am goin through various vhdl tutorials.before i approach companies for projects i believe i must know quite something in vhdl and about the subject.

i really hope some1 can giv me a start....bcoz thats wat im desparately in need of....

thanx a lot...

siddharth

You want some good background before going into VLSI design? You need to put your VHDL/Verilog skills ot the test by performing FPGA design. This will give you good experience with understanding how the hardware design relates to the way you describe it with VHDL/Verilog - which, is a critical necessity when doing VLSI design at the chip/transistor level.

ref. books

thanks a lot for ur reply....but wer do i start frm??...i mentioned that my university does not offer any such course....which means i will need some books to firstly learn vhdl/verilog....and then their applications to fpga design....i hope im getting that right....so can u suggest some nice reference books that i can either buy of issue frm a library???

also can u suggest any projects that are doable...considering that i will learn atleast the basics of these languages on the next month....topics that i need to place bfore my head of the department...

thanx again...

siddharth

ref. books

thanks a lot for ur reply....but wer do i start frm??...i mentioned that my university does not offer any such course....which means i will need some books to firstly learn vhdl/verilog....and then their applications to fpga design....i hope im getting that right....so can u suggest some nice reference books that i can either buy of issue frm a library???

also can u suggest any projects that are doable...considering that i will learn atleast the basics of these languages on the next month....topics that i need to place bfore my head of the department...

thanx again...

siddharth

Re: ref. books

cidtad2 said:

thanx again...

siddharth

Goto:

https://www.xilinx.com

to be fair

https://www.altera.com

They have everything you need to get started in addition to great references for books etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back