Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Final year project: USB, PIC, host(PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhanus

Hello, I'm making a final year project for my collage graduation.

I would need pretty straightforward information about following:

1. I'm planing using USB with 18F2550/4550, I never used USB and 18F family in 'real', what I know is 16F family in assembler. So question is from which book should I learn?, I had several recommendations and each one of them has 600+pages, I simply don't have time for 5books, I need one book that has what I need about USB in PIC.

2. I have open every option from HiTech C, CSS and Micochip cross compiler and I didn't use till now neither(I planed in using it but collage got a bit nasty, so in favore of collage I postponed it), which one to use?
Which book/info to read for the cross compiler which you think it's best?(plz one book, which has most what I need)

3. I have knowledge in C/C++ but not object-oriented, I just started learning OOP C++ so I can devop host(PC) side software?
Which book do you recommend for host(PC) side to learn how to work with USB drivers?

It could be other stuff then books, but in 'whole', in one part.
Examples and finished simple projects with USB would be great, a step by step would be phenomenal!!!
If you are wondering why I don't have no knowledge of mentioned, it's because I'm direction industrial automatisation(PLC, ect.), but I want to learn more and something new.

Resume:
-which cross-compiler and book to learn(with examples)?
-which book to learn USB in PIC 18F(with examples)?
-which book to learn how to use/create USB drivers (host(PC))(with examples)?

Thank you all!

As you're using USB on the PIC, check MicroChips documentation, they give full details for a couple of full USB applications, including the PICKit2 - both PIC and PC sides.

As you're using USB on the PIC, check MicroChips documentation, they give full details for a couple of full USB applications, including the PICKit2 - both PIC and PC sides.

I will give a look and post to confirm if I'm on the right track.

Nigel I never did thank you, you helped me alot, but your tutorials are golden, they pushed me further in crisis. Simplicity and understandability makes them golden.
So thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Is this what you meant **broken link removed**.

What would really help is if somebody developed a simple device for example which reads a port and sends trough USB to PC(when host demands it), and on PC you can make an input which is displayed on one port of PIC trough USB.

Is this what you meant **broken link removed**.

There are a number, including the full PICKit2 details.

What would really help is if somebody developed a simple device for example which reads a port and sends trough USB to PC(when host demands it), and on PC you can make an input which is displayed on one port of PIC trough USB.

Try the USB bitwacker **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back