Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Final year project ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssembo

Am in my final doing electrical engineering. Its a requirement to make a project as a way of completing my studies. I kindly request you guys for design project ideas, electronic or not concerning power systems and/or equipment.

Thanks in advance.

Colin

You have the entire internet and google at your exposure, and likely (hopefully?) a nearby library or two. How can you be at "final level", yet not be able to come up with a project idea? You have either wasted your money, or the school wasted its time, or both. That, or your school is a very poor educational institution (though really, you only get out of your education what you put into it).

Google: FYP "final year project" "electrical engineering" ;)

Ken

Google: FYP "final year project" "electrical engineering" ;)

Ken

Sad - very, very sad. What I don't understand, though, is that a lot of these people asking are all based in India, yet India has some reputable (?) engineering and software companies - places like Tata come to mind; or are they the exception (or are my perceptions completely wrong)?

Design me a 'vacuum florescent dimming' circuit

The guys on my car forums would love you.
Whats this circuit good for?

Fitting a LCD Climate Control system into an Impala SS
;-)

Want more info?

Man, you saw my request...its stuff concerning transformers or power systems. I offered an idea concerning industry but its not my interest. Thanks

Guys, lets get this clear...its not that we can't think of project ideas but its just that we looking for the best. The forum is an interactive way of doing things.A good example is having a way of doing something and someone gives you a better one. otherwise, we wouldnt be posting anything if we knew it all. Thanks.

I think the question was legitimate. Some people may have lots of ideas for projects but they aren't sure of which ones would be best. Or, perhaps, they are looking for ideas that might be even better than their own.
To answer your question, the Tesla coil, in my opinion, is one of the most interesting projects anyone can build. There are various different styles that you could chose from, including the classic spark gap tesla coil (SGTC), the solid state tesla coil (SSTC), the vacuum tube tesla coil (VTTC), the tesla magnifier, etc. There is a whole variety to chose from, if you are interested. You can start by simply googling "Tesla Coil" and you'll be able to find all the information you need.
I hope this helps, and good luck with your final project!
Best regards,
Der Strom

Guys, lets get this clear...its not that we can't think of project ideas but its just that we looking for the best. The forum is an interactive way of doing things.A good example is having a way of doing something and someone gives you a better one. otherwise, we wouldnt be posting anything if we knew it all. Thanks.

Ok, post the ideas you've had so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back