Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

filter for USB line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
no.... i dont have one , and they are way too expnesive!! all can do is louben :p i use a speaker, and see JUST if there is an AC. thats why i sed 20hz to 20khz... (since its being played by a speaker)

as a metter of fact i dont :p i though about it (So the dc wouldent pass ) but i was bored. dont worry the speaker is a large one so it didint explode :D the point is this :

if the freuencies are low (around 1k -10khz) isint an inductor usless?? also, the capacitor should be near 1 farad, correct?

as a metter of fact i dont :p i though about it (So the dc wouldent pass ) but i was bored. dont worry the speaker is a large one so it didint explode :D the point is this :

The point is without a capacitor in series with the speaker you're putting a huge load on the PSU, so it might very well buzz - you're not actually testing anything.

if the freuencies are low (around 1k -10khz) isint an inductor usless?? also, the capacitor should be near 1 farad, correct?

No, the capacitors are fairly low, around 0.1uF as far as I can remember?. Inductors are fairly low as well, along with the capacitor they make a low pass filter.

the formula for a Low pass filter is Fcutoff = 1/2πRC . for a low pass this means that it filters enything above the fcutoff.. so, since the R is prety small (only the wires), then the C must be ass low as it can get. even if the R was 1ohm , if i used an uf capacitor (10^-6 farad) , that would be fcutoff = something near 100.000hz . this means that it would not filter anything at all. (not taking in acount that R is <<<1ohm ) am i being correct here??

p.s . i will try with the capacitor, but nothing will change, becouse, i can as well hear the exact same noise, from my car speakers when no music plays...

and Keepitsimplestupid, PLEASE. PLEASE. do not EVER suggest mini-box to anyone. it sells a bunch of crap, and as far as PSU's go, they suck ass.
(and yes this is sad, since i have a psu from minibox...)

I ordered their Open UPS platform, Not sure when I will get to the project though. It's just a piece of the puzzle. I want to back-up a network repeater, and I'm planning to upgrade too.

I'm sort of planning to use Chinese step-down converters with meters and their Open UPS platform. I might have 3 or 4 outputs available. Right now, I would need a 5 V 2A and a 6V output (4 x AA). If I upgrade, I might need a 19 V 1.7 V output, a 6V output and probably a 5V output. The router I want hasn't been released yet.

Right now, I am running a Chinese step down converter 24/7.

The UPS has to be unobtrusive because it has to stay somewhat hidden in a living room.

so , something last, before i make my desicion on what path to follow. what would be a more acurate way to mesure the AC outpout of my alternator??? i just want to know, 1) if there is any AC. 2) what HZ it is.
is the way i use with the speaker acurate?? i tried adding a capacitor in serries with the speaker, and it had no noise (but then , it could be , because in such low frequencies, the capacitor might be open circuit)

(without osciloscope)

or should i start enother thread??

so , something last, before i make my desicion on what path to follow. what would be a more acurate way to mesure the AC outpout of my alternator??? i just want to know, 1) if there is any AC. 2) what HZ it is.
is the way i use with the speaker acurate?? i tried adding a capacitor in serries with the speaker, and it had no noise (but then , it could be , because in such low frequencies, the capacitor might be open circuit)

(without osciloscope)

You need a scope - but the capacitor/speaker would show any HUGE amounts of ripple, what value capacitor did you use?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back