Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FFT for a PIC16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.

alifred

Hey,

I am trying to find some FFT code for a PIC16F877. If someone could either possibly find some links for me - or suggest some possible code that I could develop or modify.

Thanks in advance!

Fred

Hey,

Would the dsPICs have the FFT formulas inbuilt?
If so - how would you use these inbuilt functions?
Also which dsPIC would you suggest I use? there seem to be a lot of them out there!

Thanks for your help

Fred

There are many dsPICs and yes they have FFT instructions designed to do the math quickly. The dsPIC30F4013 is a 5V 40pin PDIP. You'll need to learn C to work with them. There should be plenty of FFT & dsPIC app notes on Microchips site.

Thank you very much - i will look into that!
I presume i will have to build an in-circuit programmer for it as well?

Thanks again

Fred

If you don't already have a programmer get a PICkit2 or my Junebug. They both can program & debug the dsPIC30F4013. Debug is a powerful tool.

Ah, sorry i thought you said it was surface mount!
I have a DIL pic programmer. i presume it is the same shape as the DIL version of the PIC16F877?

Cheers

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back