Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fender FM65 guitar amp trouble shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

aschubert

I have a Fender FM 65 guitar amp my buddy is using with an acoustic guitar. It sounds great for about 15 minutes or so till it warms up good. Then it begins to cut out, not totally but just kind of farting. I did replace the speaker with a 150w speaker and it helped but still not quite right. Any insite into this problem?

darn... posted a "quick reply" he other day but it disappeared.... sorry... check the soldering on the circuit board. chances are there's a "ring joint" on one of the solder pads. that's where the solder in the middle separates from the solder around it leaving a slight "ring" around it. as it heats up the copper and solder expand, breaking the connection. usually happens around the middle wire on transistors, but can be just about anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back