Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

female-to-female jumper wire with a special connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

John00

Hi all,

I am looking for a female-to-female jumper wire with a special connector to fix a machine.
I attached pictures of the female connector (1 and 2) and a board (3) to which the wire was connected.
Does anyone know where I can get the jumper wire (~ 15 inch long) ?
I can't find it through google.

Thank you for your help in advance.

JumperWire3.jpg

Hi John,

Welcome to ETO.

What type of device or make and model is it from?

Hi John,
Thank you for your response. I am fixing a ~ 10 years old microplane reader (Veritas Microplate Luminometer, Turner Biosystems).

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the info. I think this may be it for me! I can order for one.
I'll dig the site.

Hi all,

I am looking for a female-to-female jumper wire with a special connector to fix a machine.
I attached pictures of the female connector (1 and 2) and a board (3) to which the wire was connected.
Does anyone know where I can get the jumper wire (~ 15 inch long) ?
I can't find it through google.

Thank you for your help in advance.

View attachment 98875

This Amphenol Listing of Connectors may help. They look close to a QMA type which is a threadless version of a SMA.

Also, someone please correct me if I am wrong but pictures #1 and #2 show what I believe are male connectors and image #3 (the pcb mount connector) is a female connector image. I realize I am getting old but figured I still had a working handle on how things work. :) The problem with getting connectors correct is there are so many that are so close dimensional wise. I am pretty sure you want male to male jumpers though and depending on the connector you may need to fabricate your own jumpers.

Ron

Hi KISS and Ron and others
I contacted Pasternack through live chat. They identified that the item in the pictures is most likely "MCX Plug to MCX Plug Cable Using RG174 Coax". It took only a few hours for me to get the info from them. Ron is correct about gender of the connector. I ordered one to try.

Thank you all for your time on this. You guys were amazingly helpful!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back