Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fed up with Freeview

Status
Not open for further replies.

tblo163

The TV reception from freeview,is nowhere as good as it should be,even with an expensive digital TV Set & the latest Aerial upgrade.I am only 3 miles from the transmitter.So does anyone have a circuit diagram for an Aerial Booster?I have a selection of redundant tuners,modems,vcr's ect.,so there should be some parts I can scavenge from them.Any Ideas ? GOOD LUCK TERRY

The TV reception from freeview,is nowhere as good as it should be,even with an expensive digital TV Set & the latest Aerial upgrade.I am only 3 miles from the transmitter.So does anyone have a circuit diagram for an Aerial Booster?I have a selection of redundant tuners,modems,vcr's ect.,so there should be some parts I can scavenge from them.Any Ideas ? GOOD LUCK TERRY

hi,
Is your area still transmitting analog TV signals.

If yes, check when the analog system is closing down, at that time terrestial digital TV will begin broadcasting at a higher power output.

EDIT: web data
Central TV region will be in 2011.
Bromsgrove - the Bromsgrove area - 2011
Fenton- Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme- 2011
Lark Stoke - Stratford upon Avon area - 2011
Nottingham - the Nottingham area - 2011
Oxford - Oxfordshire, parts of Berkshire and Buckinghamshire - 2011
Ridge Hill - much of the West Midlands - 2011
Sutton Coldfield - Herefordshire, north Gloucestershire and south Shropshire - 2011
The Wrekin - north Shropshire and south Cheshire - 2011
Waltham - parts of Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and south Nottinghamshire - 2011

Last edited:
If you're only three miles from the transmitter there's something seriously wrong if you have poor reception - what's between you and the transmitter?, and what transmitter is it?.

Assuming an amplifer would benefit you?, go and buy a masthead one and a power unit, set back ones are completely useless, and you're not going to make one that's any good.

Oh dear.looks like I'll have to wait till 2011,I'm 69 now, so I've got time to grow a beard.
THANKS ANYWAY; TERRY

Sounds obvious but have you readjusted you aerial?

Another thing is that digital is often broadcast from a different transmitter than analogue and your nearby transmitter could be analogue only.

Terry,
You could look at the Maplin Satellite kit.
Or Rediff is/was just down the road at Castle Boulvard.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back