FATFS Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTMonkey

Hi,

Well, it's been a while since I last visited. Watching my son grow from a toddler to a 4 year old certainly occupies a lot of time!!!

Anyway, now I am finding time to pursue my hobby again.

My latest query is with FatFS, I know I could ask on the forum but it doesn't look that friendly and I wonder if some of you who have already had a dabble with this may know the answer.

At the moment I am porting the code to a 18F4620 (nice big 'ole chip!), I am writing the disk_read function but I am a little unsure how the FatFS code allocates (if at all) the buffer area to hold a block of data.

Could someone point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks

Mark

Assuming C18 comiler

You need to edit the linker (lkr) file ....MAKE A COPY FIRST And create a section of 512 bytes for the FAT and 512 for the readwrite buffer

Read the "hlpC18ug.chm" in your C18 doc directory.

If your using An other compiler they will have a similar work round.... If your using mackroC they do it for you.

Thanks Ian, I'll give it a try.

Though I'm surprised the compiler didn't spit out an error when I declared a FATfs object.

Mark

Just for closure, I tried your suggestion and it certainly worked (well, that and other silly mistakes I made).

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…