Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FATFS Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTMonkey

Hi,

Well, it's been a while since I last visited. Watching my son grow from a toddler to a 4 year old certainly occupies a lot of time!!!

Anyway, now I am finding time to pursue my hobby again.

My latest query is with FatFS, I know I could ask on the forum but it doesn't look that friendly and I wonder if some of you who have already had a dabble with this may know the answer.

At the moment I am porting the code to a 18F4620 (nice big 'ole chip!), I am writing the disk_read function but I am a little unsure how the FatFS code allocates (if at all) the buffer area to hold a block of data.

Could someone point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks

Mark

Assuming C18 comiler

You need to edit the linker (lkr) file ....MAKE A COPY FIRST And create a section of 512 bytes for the FAT and 512 for the readwrite buffer

Read the "hlpC18ug.chm" in your C18 doc directory.

If your using An other compiler they will have a similar work round.... If your using mackroC they do it for you.

Thanks Ian, I'll give it a try.

Though I'm surprised the compiler didn't spit out an error when I declared a FATfs object.

Mark

Just for closure, I tried your suggestion and it certainly worked (well, that and other silly mistakes I made).

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back