Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fast Optoisolator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezombie

Anyone know of a optoisolator suitable for this:

input voltage <= 5v

output supply >= 5v
output voltage >= 5v
output current max >= 10 mA
output rise time <= 1 microsecond

operating temp <= -20C to >= +80C

This is for ground loop isolation for the gate of an International Rectifier ISP0551T MOSFET switch.

I think I found something that might work:

Sharp PC942J00000F

**broken link removed**

Air conditioning controller, go fig. Non-inverting 5V output, 5.4V-13V supply, 600mA output current, 5kV isolation, 200uA leak, 1uS max rise and fall time, -20C to 80C temp range. At a supply current of only 20Ma max, I'll just use an IC wide range 7.5V voltage regulator.

ezombie said:
input voltage <= 5v
I think all optoisolators meet this requirement

output supply >= 5v
output voltage >= 5v
Active devices don't supply power by themselves.
and I think output supply and output voltage are the same (unless in your case, supply = current or power)
Think of the output as a logic gate, where one pin is connected to +ve, and the other, output.

output current max >= 10 mA
I think a gazillion of them meet 10mA, but how high do you expect?

Maybe you should look into optoisolators more.

I'm going to try the Sharp one for now, but it's a brand new part and a little hard to get.

I ran through all of digikey's offerings, but most aren't that fast (<1uS rise time), or can't handle that much current draw on their output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back