Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fake a car alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim_l_012

Hi All,

If you have just read my other thread, this one will be built to work with the other half..

I want to basically set up a cheap circuit, which can flash the indicators on and off, like what a car alarm would. I was also thinkin about a small beeper or whatever you call it (someone correct me on this), which could make the appropriate car alarm sound.

I suspect I need a timer of some sort, basically my input would be a 12v pulse from a button hooked up to my central locking.

The lights would come on for say half a second, go off for quarter, back on for half then off.

If you could provide any way of doing this I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance, :)

tim_l_012 said:
Hi All,

If you have just read my other thread, this one will be built to work with the other half..

I want to basically set up a cheap circuit, which can flash the indicators on and off, like what a car alarm would. I was also thinkin about a small beeper or whatever you call it (someone correct me on this), which could make the appropriate car alarm sound.

I suspect I need a timer of some sort, basically my input would be a 12v pulse from a button hooked up to my central locking.

The lights would come on for say half a second, go off for quarter, back on for half then off.

If you could provide any way of doing this I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance, :)

There are many ways of doing it, you could use a chain of 555 timers, an oscillator feeding counters - probably the simplest way is to use a PIC. One 8 pin PIC, a driver transistor feeding a relay - and that's about it! - apart from writing the software of course!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back