Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Failed deWalt battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODALCO

WIN_20160901_101807.JPG Got this charger given to me if it was worth repairing.
I found both transistors shorted to zero ohms across all terminals and the resistor blown open circuit.
See the hole in the yellow band.
Don't know what caused it but I reckon it is a throwaway.

Attachments

• WIN_20160901_101750.JPG
    WIN_20160901_101750.JPG
    780.7 KB · Views: 442
Since nothing has been mentioned about the charger (input / output voltages, current, ....), I guess it's your decision to reckon it as a throwaway .. :cool:

possibly, it was dropped and torroid core magnet wire shorted on sharp edge of heat sink, causing chain reaction of shorts. I had similar short between line resistors blowing parts and fuse in garden shear battery charger.

Since nothing has been mentioned about the charger (input / output voltages, current, ....), I guess it's your decision to reckon it as a throwaway .. :cool:

It is a De Walt DCB105 Li-Ion 10.8, 14.4, 18 Volts charger.

image.jpeg
Did you think this caused a short?

I knew that, I was referring to the <1mm gap to magnet wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back