Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fail safe way to remotely open a chicken coup

Status
Not open for further replies.

v4000ds

Hello! I'm a newbie. I need to make a 2-channel radio control scheme for one command, high accuracy. This is not for a detonator, this is an alarm.
We now have an alarm with false positives.
*I was use google translator

I am looking for signal encoder chips so that interference can be eliminated. What chips can you tell?

Last edited:
You just need to make a robust CRC check both on the transmitter and receiver that ensures without any question what your intentions are. Perhaps even bidirectional handshaking confirmation.

.... but dude, change the name of the title to something like "Fail safe way to remotely open a chicken coup" .... or something.

You just need to make a robust CRC check both on the transmitter and receiver that ensures without any question what your intentions are. Perhaps even bidirectional handshaking confirmation.

.... but dude, change the name of the title to something like "Fail safe way to remotely open a chicken coup" .... or something.
Yeah sounds like terrorist newbie.

Personally, I'd use a microcontroller to send a packet (say 64 bit) with crc checking. Nigel's tutorials (converted to C by Ian) have examples of manchester encoding to send/receive over cheap RF modules. Note, threads with similar titles have been locked/deleted for obvious reasons.

Mike.

Look at Holtek.

The chips will likely say that it has to accept interference, You can also look at wireless rs232 or wireless 485. You canuse Ethernet and Zigbee.

To really have a confidence level, you need 2-way communication. Messages, ACKs, NAKS and checksums.
NAK - negative Acknowledge
ACK - Acknowledge
Checksum:
if this "message" was a message, the checksum is computed by XOR;ing the ASCII characters together.
An "a" is 65 decimal. 'a' XOR 'a" is 65+65. XOR is essentially add ignoring overflows. You can have say an 8, 16, or 32 bit checksum.

CRC Cyclic Redundency Check is an error correcting code

RS485 have a frequency of 1 MHz? Can I use an 86 MHz transmitter?
RS485 is a wired data transmission protocol. It's data rate varies with distance and cable capacitance. But, as it's a wired protocol, it's capabilities or limits don't apply to wireless systems.

RS485 specifies the basic voltages sent/received, cable termination, length vs speed etc.

It is nothing to do with radio or modulation.
The data coding or modulation could be any digital data format, subject to frequency limits for the cable length.

In reality, you might want to use an astronomic timer for the chicken coop door. This computes sunrise/sunset based on latitude and longitude. So, it's generally easy to program dusk+1hr and 11pm like I do for a lamp.

You might then use something to actually check the status of the door and TXT or email a message that it failed to open/close. You could also use one of the stupid transmitters and just transmit the status somewhere as an LED.

We have no idea what distance that has to be over or if power exists at the coops?

Wireless ethernet is definately an option. You can add repeaters or get outdoor modules and set up a mesh network if needed. You can also use access points and sometimes routers to make a wired to wireless to wired bridge.

With the camera addition an IP Camera seems like the way to go.

Not for chicken.
Firstly, it was a detonator.
Secondly, it was an alarm.
And thirdly, it's a chicken.
Let it be an alarm.
Ultimately, however, incorrectly triggering an alarm is more damaging than triggering a detonator.
Let's just say an application must include both an alarm and a detonator.
After the alarm is triggered, at the remote control I have to decide what to do next.
One of the actions, peaceful, is the triggering detonation of a flashbang.
This is all to protect my dacha.
I will do this on my own territory.

But false positives can harm neighbors
At one o'clock in the morning, hardly any of my neighbors will be in the courtyard of their house.
The second action should be the triggering of a powerful sound siren. Because of which the neighbors can call the police.
Therefore, a false positive is unnecessary. This could attract the attention of the police.
If this only works once, I think the criminals will not climb into my yard.
The police fine for this I think will be no more than $ 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back