Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Extreme fast vacuum sensor? Do they exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

Looking for a vacuum sensor that can read momentary vacuum pulses as fast as 1ms, maybe faster. I am not sure what the typical response time is for pressure transducers. I think I have tried an automotive MAP sensor before with mixed results. From a small amount of research, it looks like Piezo sensors can do it but don't know much about them.

Last edited:
The new piezeo sensors that output in the 0v-5v analog range are very fast. The piezo in them responds similar to a microphone speed so sub mS detail will register fine although I'm not sure how accurate any instantaneous reading will be at those sort of speeds as there will be natural filtering and probably some electronic filtering from the onboard electronics.

New gas furnaces use a vacuum sensor. When the fan comes on the sensor detected that it is sucking in outside air. The gas will not come on unless the sensor detects a vacuum. Circuit voltage is 24 VAC but I have no idea what the maximum voltage rating is on the sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back