Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

External interrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond3rboy

Hi i am using an external interrupt(INT1) on my 18lf4620 but the problem is that when i leave it floating it causes infinite interrupts to be generated.If i enable the internal pull ups or have manual pull ups then it detects more then 1 interrupt when i actually give it a single interrupt.I am using a toggle switch for generating the -ve edged interrupt.Am i doing something wrong?

Your not doing anything wrong, it is the switch contacts bouncing that is causing multiple interrupts. You could add a resistor between the switch and the pin and a cap from the pin to Vdd to eliminate it. Or, you can eliminate it in software with some kind of debounce routine.

Mike.

Last edited:
I had a feeling it was de bounce and just wanted to confirm, thanks. but i was not decided on where to add the de bounce routine.Actually since the switch thing is experimental and the real interrupt is going to be generated by a RTC for which i dont think i need a de bounce routine.Although i will activate the internal pulls..weak they may be.Thanks Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back