Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

External Interrupt on GP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

I'm receiving a continuous 5V square wave pulse 50Hz. I want to detect High to low transition (Falling edge) on GP2.

My question is Do I need to enable internal WPU on GP2? I use PIC12F675.

If you use the IOC (Interrupt on change) function on GP2 then if, when the interrupt triggers, the pin is low it must have just transitioned. You need the WPU if the signal is active low only.

Mike.

Hi,

I need to use INTF external interrupt flag bit.I set INTEDG to falling edge.In this case do I need the internal WPU enable?

If your signal is driven high then WPU not needed. If open collector then WPU needed. Either way you can enable WPU as it can't do any harm.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back