Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Extenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechduino

Hey, this is gonna sound really stupid to you all I am sure, but, can you stack two extenders on each other? like say I have a double wide, and I put a double tall on top of it, this wouldn't work would it?
α-Ω

A bit more info needed.

What is an "extender", and what is being extended?

JimB

Sorry I wasn't specific **broken link removed**
this is a triple wide but it is the same as a double with one more added on.

Sure, you can stack them any which way you want, along with all the parasitic capacitance/inductance/resistance and cross-talk to go with it. It depends on what you stack. This doesn't create new pins so various devices won't necessarily work together just because you have the extenders, you'll have to recompile the code to available I/O lines which are dependent upon the hardware the code uses as well.

For very low speed devices (relative to system clock speed) you won't have issues generally, as the frequency of whatever signal is passed on a particular line goes the complexities increase really fast.

Alrighty, thanks for the answer, I just ask because they don't make the correct shapes for what I am trying to do, although it is more of a looks-thing rather than need.

You'll probably be fine, but as a general rule it doesn't matter how good it looks if it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back